Tonight for dinner I made an easy chicken parmesan recipe that I discovered on allrecipes.com. I didn’t make too many changes to the recipe. Chicken parm and eggplant parm are two of my favorite things to order at Italian restaurants, so I was pretty excited to find this recipe. I like it for a couple of reasons, first because it doesn’t take forever to make and second because it didn’t involve any breading or deep frying, so it wasn’t as heavy (or unhealthy) as so many other chicken parm recipes are. This turned out delicious, it’s a must try!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 chicken breast, cut in half
- Salt, pepper, italian seasoning
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/2 pound of cooked pasta (pasta’s come in one pound packages, so I used half for the two of us)
- 1/4 cup grated parmasean cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. On medium-high heat, heat olive oil in skillet. Once hot, add garlic and chicken. While chicken is cooking add pinch of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to each side of chicken breast.
2. Cook chicken breast for about 15 minutes total, until each side is a golden brown.
3. Add pasta sauce and parmesan cheese. Reduce to medium heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
4. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and let stand until cheese is completely melted. Serve over pasta of your choice.
On the side I made some asparagus, that I cooked the same way that I made the zucchini with parmesan. It turned out delicious! (Although Mina’s thoughts on the asparagus were – ewww whats that, those look alive).
Tonights meal was a success!
2 thoughts on “Easy Skillet Chicken Parm”
I hope it’s TRULY easy – I can’t cook!
Hahah I promise it’s easy 🙂