Very early on in our relationship, Mina made it pretty clear to me that football Sunday’s and Superbowl’s were no joke. Although I’m not an avid football watcher, I knew what I was getting myself in to and I accepted it.
Soon after we got married I started experimenting with different chili recipes and I eventually came up with a recipe that we both love. It’s now become a tradition that once football season starts, so does chili-making season! What’s better than chili, beer, and football all at the same time?
So here’s my “secret” chili recipe. It’s super quick to throw together, enjoy! 🙂
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 16 oz cans chili beans in a spicy chili sauce
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (* optional, we like ours spicy)