I recently attended a nearby small town Pumpkin Show. HOLY PUMPKIN! This festival takes place every year and this was my first time attending. Out of control Let’s begin with what I ate (please don’t judge)… pumpkin chili, pumpkin blossoms, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cream elephant ear, apple cider slush…oh, and a cream puff. I wish I could say I ate all of this by myself, but I can’t. It’s still a pretty impressive amount of food, right? Man my mouth is watering just thinking about the food I consumed. I’m surprised I didn’t die of a heart attack.
Did I mention the world’s largest pumpkin pie? Oh yes. And check out all those ingredients. INSANE, I know.
To continue my pumpkin high, I made these fabulous pumpkin Nutella muffins and they were delicious. They turned out perfect, not too sweet and super moist, they even “iced themselves” with the Nutella topping! Enjoy 🙂
- 1 – 15 oz can pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons natural cocoa powder
- 12 teaspoons Nutella for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or spray a 12-cup muffin pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
3. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups evenly (will be about 3/4 full). Scoop a heaping teaspoon of Nutella onto the top of each muffin. Use a toothpick or skewer to swirl the Nutella slightly around the top of the batter.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, enjoy!