Ahh breakfast, my favorite meal of the day. What’s not to love? Breakfast casseroles are pretty fantastic because they are easy to throw together and they satisfy that need for egg-cheese-biscuits-sauasage all in one bite. Mmm mmm good. I wanted to share this recipe because it is so easy and convenient to throw together! This is a great recipe to have handy during the holiday season to feed the masses.
- 1 can buttermilk grands biscuits
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brown pork sausage and drain. Place in casserole dish.
3. Open biscuits and cut in to bite size pieces. Place in casserole dish.
4. Mix together eggs, milk, cheese, green peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to casserole dish and mix well.
5. Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let dish sit for 5 minutes before digging in.
The title of this recipe is a little deceiving, I know I was expecting a traditional Italian “Parmesan Chicken.” But instead, this recipe uses a great parmesan-greek yogurt mix. It’s a super quick and easy recipe that really turned out great.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, plus more for the top
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray the inside of a 9×13 glass pan. Lay the chicken inside the pan.
2. Mix together the remaining ingredients and spread evenly over each piece of chicken, being sure to cover all the exposed raw meat (so it doesn’t dry out.) Sprinkle on a bit more fresh parmesan over all the chicken.
3. Bake for 45 minutes.
There’s an entertaining story behind this recipe…
Of course I found this recipe idea on Pinterest. It originally came from the Taste of Home website and was titled “Tim Tebows (moms) Pizza Pie Recipe.” Just a little background, Tim Tebow is husband’s absolute least favorite football player (possibly his least favorite person ever!). In fact, for Christmas I bought him a t-shirt that says I hate Tim Tebow. On the day that I was planing on making this, husband asked me what I was making for dinner and I didn’t even think twice about it. I just sent him a copy of the link to show him what I was making… his response “I’m going to McDonalds.” Then it occurred to me… it had the name Tim Tebow in it. Oops! His hate for Tim Tebow is so strong that he almost refused to eat this for dinner! But I told him I’d change the name of it to “Laura’s Pizza Pie.” Clearly his hate for Tim Tebow was not able to stand in the way of how great this recipe turned out, considering he ate if for dinner and lunch the next day!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope Italian-style spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives (optional) – substitute for other favorite pizza toppings!
1. In a large skillet, cook and stir beef and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the sauce mix, tomato paste and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 7-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
2. Separate biscuits; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate to form a crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; fill with meat mixture.
3. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese over top and any other pizza toppings you might like. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
I’m constantly on the hunt for new and unique recipes that I’m itching to try…that’s what having this blog has done to me! My recipes “tab” on my browser is out of control, I pretty much love it.
I came across a similar recipe to this one yesterday and I decided to whip it out! I have to admit, at first I wasn’t so sure about this – I even told husband that we might have to order pizza for dinner. We both love Mexican food and I was getting bored of tacos, so I just went for it, and I’m so glad I did! This took no time at all to whip up and it turned out awesome!
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box regular (not sweet) corn muffin mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped jalopenos, drained (optional!)
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 pound of lean ground beef, prepared the same way you would for beef tacos
- Sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In bowl, combine 1/4 cup cheese, milk, eggs, cumin, ground red pepper, corn, corn muffin mix, green chilies, and jalopenos.
3. Pour mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and pierce entire surface liberally with a fork; pour enchilada sauce over top.
5. Top with taco seasoned, cooked ground beef; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
6. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream.
Modified from: Taste and Tell