Ahh breakfast, my favorite meal of the day. What’s not to love? Breakfast casseroles are pretty fantastic because they are easy to throw together and they satisfy that need for egg-cheese-biscuits-sauasage all in one bite. Mmm mmm good. I wanted to share this recipe because it is so easy and convenient to throw together! This is a great recipe to have handy during the holiday season to feed the masses.
- 1 can buttermilk grands biscuits
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Brown pork sausage and drain. Place in casserole dish.
3. Open biscuits and cut in to bite size pieces. Place in casserole dish.
4. Mix together eggs, milk, cheese, green peppers, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to casserole dish and mix well.
5. Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let dish sit for 5 minutes before digging in.