This is a delicious crockpot chili recipe that’s highly recommended for lazy football Sunday. Now that football is in full swing, I’m pretty sure every sunday is a lazy football Sunday. We loved the way this chili turned out, it’s a nice spin off the traditional beef chili that I usually make.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 3- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- chili peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, red pepper, and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
2. Place chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
3. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Top with fresh cilantro. Add ow fat cheese and sour cream.
For those interested in the nutrition facts (not including shredded cheese/sour cream) : Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/4 cups Calories: 203.7 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 33.3 g • Fiber: 10.0 g • Protein: 16.9 g
Original Recipe from Skinny Taste