Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who have been been affected by hurricane Sandy. My parents live in New Jersey and they say that the damage that has been done is unreal. I am thankful that all my family members and friends are safe.
On a brighter note, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I’ve been passing out candy all evening… 3 pieces of candy for the child, 1 piece of candy for me. It’s a win-win, really. Calories don’t count on Halloween right? 🙂
The temperature has dropped here in Ohio, its the perfect weather for a warm bowl of soup. I made this soup last night and it turned out delicious! Husband was a huge fan of it too, he asked if I could make it again next week. Two thumbs up! Enjoy!
- 1 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 lb of shredded or cubed chicken breast, cooked
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, spinach, red peppers, garlic powder and pepper in margarine until spinach is wilted.
3. Add broth, alfredo sauce and pesto; cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.