I was pretty hesitant about this recipe when I first stumbled upon it, but I was pleasantly surprised! It turned out to be a great dish to quickly throw together! It’s by no means culinary brilliance, but it’s quick and easy – my kind of meal these days!
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast – cut in half
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup melted margarin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Arrange chicken breasts in the baking dish. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast. Combine cream of chicken soup and milk in a medium bowl, and pour over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with stuffing mix. Pour melted butter over top, and cover with foil.
3. Bake for 40 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for a remaining 10 minutes – allowing stuffing to get golden brown color.