So many exciting things have happened over the past few days. First, I took part of the National Dental Board Exam. Taking the exam wasn’t so exciting, but being done with it is! That was brutal, thank God that is over with. Results take 3-4 weeks to arrive, BY MAIL!! Seriously? This is going to be torture. I pray that I never have to take that exam again.
In other news, we added a new member to our family!! He is so so precious. Meet Leonidas (Leo for short), he is a King Charles Cavalier. Husband got him for me as an early birthday present. 🙂 He’s the BEST. Every day while I was studying for boards I went to the pet store and played with Leo to cheer myself up. Worked like a charm! There’s just something about that puppy love that puts me in a great mood.
Now on to more important things, like this chicken recipe!
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup panko italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
1. Pre heat oven to 375.
2. Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap, pound chicken to about 1/4 inch thickness. Sprinkle chicken breast lightly with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp of basil in center, then place cube of cheese in center of chicken breast. Fold in sides and roll up.
3. In one bowl, beat egg and 1 tablespoon milk. Place breadcrumbs in second bowl. Dip each chicken roll in egg mixture then in breadcrumb. Place coated chicken in 2 quart baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered on 375 for 20-22 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
One thought on “Chicken Rolls”
Congrats on your new addition!