The time has come…. I’ve officially scheduled to take part one of boards. Now the pressure is on people! June 20th is the lucky day and as I enter boards hell I will be needing many many more meals like this one. Quick and easy (that’s what she said).
I love the way this recipe turned out. It was so simple to throw together in the crockpot and the flavors were delicious. Life has been so so busy (as usual) and I loved coming home to a meal that had cooked itself all day.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef round steak
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 14 ounces of vegetable, beef, or chicken broth
- 1 envelope italian dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Hoagie buns or a large loaf of french bread
1. Place beef in crockpot. Add green pepper, onions, italian dressing, and broth.
2 . Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove beef from crockpot and shred. Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and mix well.
4. Spoon meet mixture on to bread and top with a slice of provolone cheese. Place in oven on 375 for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Top with any condiments you usually like on your philly cheesesteaks and enjoy!
Recipe modified from: Group Recipes