It’s been a long couple of weeks here in the dental school world. We have a big exam tomorrow… 7 procedures in 8 hours! Eeekkk! I’ve been spending way too much time with Henry (meet Henry below) and I’m pretty sure Husband is starting to get a little jealous (not really though). Please start sending good juju my way. Let’s also note that tomorrow is Friday the 13th. But I mean I’m not superstitious or anything! I must pass this exam so they’ll let me start working on the humans. 🙂
Anyways, moving on to yummy food. What the heck’s a suiza? I have no idea.. but what I do know, is that these turned out delicious! The initial recipe suggested using a rotisserie chicken that you would pick up from the grocery store, I think that’s such a great idea for when you’re in a hurry but still want a partially homemade meal! Its a quick and tasty meal, enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups salsa verde
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 chicken breast, shredded (or 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded)
- 4 buns
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1. Set oven to broil. Have shredded chicken set aside in a bowl. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. To skillet, add onion and garlic and cook until golden yellow (about 2 minutes). Stir in the lime juice and honey, then stir in the salsa verde and heat through. Mix in the sour cream.
3. Add sauce a little at a time to your bowl of shredded chicken. You might not need all of the sauce, depending on how much chicken you have. Just add enough sauce so that i coats the chicken.
4. Pile mixture on to the bottom of a roll. Top with cheese and place on baking sheet. Put in oven just long enough to melt the cheese (~5 minutes!)
5. Cover with top bun and enjoy!
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything