What’s your favorite way to eat a potato? I love french fries, oh! and mashed potatoes and now… I love twice baked potatoes. Clearly, it’s a tough decision when it comes to picking my favorite potato. So many options, I don’t do well with this many options!
This recipe turned out great! I made it as a side dish one night for diner, but they would also serve as a great appetizer if you use smaller potatoes!
I hope everyone’s having a fabulous weekend!
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour. (You could also just microwave the potatoes for a faster option. 3 minutes/potato. Just make sure you poke holes in the potatoes first so that they don’t explode… been there, done that.)
2. While potatoes are cooking, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat. Once cooked, crumble bacon and set aside.
3. Once potatoes are tender, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides of the potatoes in to a bowl. Leave a bit of the potato in the skin so that it can help hold the shape.
4. Add sour cream, milk, margarine, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/2 the green onions to the potatoes in the bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
5. Scoop the mixture back in to the potato skins. Top each with the remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon.
6. Place back in oven on 350 degrees for 15 -20 minutes.
Source: Grumpy’s Honeybunch
2 thoughts on “Delicious Twice Baked Potatoes”
I love twice baked potatoes – they look terrific.
I think I’m like you…I love potatoes in all forms! These particularly look fantastic though. I’m sure they were delicious. Bacon?? Yes please!