I’m happy to report that nothing horrific happened on last weeks exam. Thank God that’s done with! Now we have to patiently wait for our scores for two weeks.
Today we had the day off for MLK day – and it was wonderful! I managed to squeeze in some cookie baking, duh! Baking of some sort was bound to happen today. This is a fantastic spin off the traditional Hershey’s Kiss Peanut Butter Blossom cookie. Rather than having just a basic peanut butter cookie – this is a chocolate peanut butter cookie topped with a hershey kiss… every chocolate-peanut butter lover’s dream come true.
So so yummy! I can’t stop eating them… I might just have to pawn them off on dental school friends since I apparently have no self control.
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and 1/3 cup granulated sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. While cookies are baking unwrap hershe Immediately press chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. (Recipe is supposed to make 4 dozen, but I made my cookies a little larger and ended up with 3 dozen)