These Asian themed drumsticks turned out delicious. The reduced glaze has so much flavor and I made it with a little kick of spice, just the way we like it! This recipe was inspired from Ginas Skinny Recipes. Check out the nutrition information:
Serving Size: 2 drumsticks • Old Points: 5 pts • Calories: 213 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 27.5 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 0.4 g
Pretty impressive, right? I would’ve never guessed that these drumsticks would be so healthy, especially with all the flavor they have. I served drumsticks next to rice and some steamed vegetables sautéed in soy sauce.
- 10 medium chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- Oil spray (I used PAM)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (more or less to taste, can also use any other hot sauce that you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp splenda (or sugar)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp chives or scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, brown chicken on high for 3-4 minutes with a little spray oil.
2. Add water, balsamic, hot sauce, soy sauce, agave, garlic, and ginger, and cook on high until liquid comes to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes.
4. Remove cover and bring heat to high, allowing sauce to reduce down, about 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a thick glaze, turning chicken occasionally. (Keep an eye on glaze, you don’t want it to burn!)
5. Transfer chicken to a platter and pour glaze on top. Top with chives and sesame seeds and serve.