Before sitting down for a long “fun-filled” day of studying husband and I decided to make an awesome breakfast. He was in charge of the eggs, bacon and sausage, whIle I took care of the waffles!
We got a new handy-dandy waffle maker on black friday from Target. 20 bucks!! It’s pretty great. It was one of many great deals we got that night!
These waffles turned out delicious! I didn’t actually have buttermilk so I had to make some substitutions. Apparently 1 cup of milk + 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar = 1 cup of buttermilk. So I went for it, and it worked! I got the original recipe from food.com. It made 8 waffles. Although the first time we filled the waffle machine up, we had a minor explosion when we closed the lid. (Over-filled, oops!) Lesson learned. So I think that this recipe would’ve actually made more had we been a little smarter than the machine. 🙂
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups of buttermilk (2 cups of milk + 2 tablespoons of lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoons of butter (or margarine, melted)
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and soda; stir to mix
2. Add in eggs, buttermilk, and butter; mix well.
3. Pour batter into a preheated prepared waffle iron; cook until steaming stops and waffles are crisp and golden.