Thanksgiving day dessert #2. These mini oreo cheesecakes were to. die. for. Mina has already asked 3 times in the past 24 hours to make more. I chose to make these in addition to the Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes for all the pumpkin haters out there. I’m glad I did because they were such a hit.
I got this recipe form The Girl Who Ate Everything (originally from Martha Stewart). I cut the recipe in half although I probably should’ve just made the full recipe… I have a feeling I’ll be make more sometime in the next couple of days. The original recipe makes 30.
- 42 Oreos, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 275°. Line standard muffin pan with liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each liner.
2. Beat cream cheese at medium speed using an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating until combined. Beat in vanilla.
3. Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
5. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from tins just before serving. Garnish with fresh whipped cream and crumbled Oreos if desired.