A couple of weeks ago a few girls from school were coming over for some wine and cheese. I had some brie in the fridge so I decided to whip this up real quick. I figured, Who doesn’t love ooey gooey cheese? This was my first time doing anything special with brie and I have to say… I’m in love.
It’s so quick and easy and I promise your guests will love it. I got the recipe idea from simplyrecipes.com. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to snag an “after” pic. I think we all got a little excited and started digging in right away!
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry dough or 1 tube of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 round or wedge of Brie cheese (do not remove rind)
- Raspberry Jam, or other sweet jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 On a stick-free cookie sheet, lay out the puff pastry or the crescent rolls flat; put brie round or wedge on top.
2 Spread jam on brie, fold dough over top, cutting off excess dough
3. Beat egg and water together. Brush pastry with egg.
4. Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes, pastry should be golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.