This is another quick and easy crockpot recipe that I discovered from food.com. I made a few changes to the recipe. I like this recipe because there’s so much room for creativity, you can really tailor it to what you and your family like in your pasta. I also love this recipe because, well I get home from a long day and already have a meal 99% made.
- 1 lb ground beef (can also substitute this for ground turkey, ground sausage)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and salt
- 1 package of tortellini
1. In skillet heat olive oil, add garlic and onion. Once golden yellow, add ground beef and cook.
2. Transfer drained and cooked ground beef to crackpot. Add ALL other ingredients, except for tortellini. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. Add tortellini, stir to combine. Cover crockpot on low for 15-20 minutes, until tortellini is tender. Sprinkle with parmasean cheese if desired.