I had some bananas that were going bad and I hate being wasteful, so I whipped up these muffins after a stressful morning. Killed two birds with one stone. Stress relief + delicious banana crumb muffins.
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com, made a few slight changes.
Ingredients for muffin:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup splenda (or sugar!)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
Ingredients for crumb topping:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted margarine. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Add margarine until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.