You know what my favorite part of halloween is? Handing candy out to the little kiddies and seeing all their cute little costumes. They were extra adorable tonight!
Tonights dinner was delicious. We love taco night and I typically just make beef or ground turkey tacos and call it a night, but tonight I decided to switch it up. I got this recipe from the Blog Chef and I made a few minor changes. I’ll definitely be making this again! Mina and I both agreed that these were awesome and even better than the typical tacos I usually make.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 3 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper (for spice!)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, and anything else you like to top your tacos with
1. In bowl mix together tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, ground red pepper, taco seasoning, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken and cook on each side until golden brown. About 5 minutes on each side.
3. Once chicken is golden brown, add tomato sauce mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer on medium-low heat. Cover and simmer until chicken is fully cooked. (About 15 minutes)
4. Once chicken is fully cooked remove from tomato sauce and shred chicken. Place the shredded chicken back in to the tomato sauce. Cook until the sauce reduces and blends in to the chicken.
4. Spoon in to warm tortillas and add your favorite taco toppings.
And guess what was for dessert?? 🙂
2 thoughts on “Shredded Chicken Tacos”
Sounds like you had a great Halloween! That chicken sounds delicious, I love all of the seasonings. Yum! x
I love candy but, those tacos look incredible. I think I would pass on the candy and have an extra taco.