I finally got around to making my own pizza at home! The reason I consider it “semi” homemade, is because I used pre-made crust by Pilsbury. I don’t really have time to make my own dough right now, but this was the perfect alternative. These turned out DELICIOUS!
I made two, one with pepperoni, black olives, and cheese (per Mina’s request) and one with feta cheese, shredded chicken, basil and black olives. My favorite was the feta with chicken pizza. So so yummy. I’ll walk through the steps of the feta with chicken pizza, just because the pepperoni pizza was pretty straight forward.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Salt, pepper, basil to taste (~1 tsp of each)
- Pilsbury pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced black olives
- Fresh basil leaves
1. Boil chicken until thoroughly cooked. Once cooked through, shred chicken. Season shredded chicken with salt, black pepper, and basil to desired taste. Set aside.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray well with pam. Unroll Pilsbury on to baking sheet. Spread out to desired thickness.
3. Brush dough with olive oil and then sprinkle with garlic salt.
4. Line dough with mariner sauce. Cover with feta cheese, shredded chicken, black olives, and several fresh basil leaves.
5. Cook on 425 for 18-20 minutes, until crust in golden brown. Enjoy!