Tonight for dinner I made an Egyptian meal, it’s another recipe that I got from Grandma while I was visiting Dallas. Its delicious and fairly easy to make! We also make this same dish with chopped spinach, green beans, or green peas.
- I lb beef stew cubes
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 package of cut okra (from the frozen vegetables section)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Place 1 tablepsoon margarine in medium-sized pan. Add onions and cook until a golden yellow color.
- Add beef cubes. Once beef is browned, add 1 can of tomato sauce. Now fill up empty tomato sauce can with water and add to beef and tomato sauce mixture.
- Bring to boil and allow meat to fully cook. (About 15 minutes, for smaller pieces of beef).
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, and orka. Bring to boil. Allow to boil for 10 minutes. Then lower heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!!
2 thoughts on “Okra with rice”
This reminds me of living at home. 🙂 I might have to make this.
I love grandma’s recipes! They’re always the best, and so much more special. This sounds delicious.