Tonight for dinner I made this three cheese pasta bake. I’ve been eyeing this recipe for awhile and I finally got the chance to make it. It was cheesy, delicious and fairly simple to make!
I got the original recipe from allrecipes.com, but after reading several reviews, I made a few changes.
- 2 1/2 cups multigrain rotini pasta
- 1 large handful spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (I added this because I needed to use it before it went bad!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated light parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta as directed on package. Add spinach and broccoli to the boiling water for the last 1 minute.
2. Heat a large skillet and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chicken, garlic and basil; cook diced chicken.
3. Add 2 cups of pasta sauce and 1 1/2 cups of diced tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in 1/4 cup of cream cheese spread until melted.
4. Drain pasta, spinach, and broccoli. Add chicken, broccoli, and spinach to the sauce mixture; mix lightly. Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon into 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
4. Cover with foil and bake in oven on 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and add other 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese. Put back in the oven for 3 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
One thought on “Three Cheese Chicken Pasta Bake”
I can’t get over all of that gooey melted cheese on top–yum! Your pup is adorable. 🙂 Makes me miss my dog back at my parents house. She’s a master beggar.