I recently discovered a new blog, Katshealthcorner and found an oatmeal recipe on there that I just had to try! I’m pretty much obsessed with any chocolate-peanut butter combination and this chocolate PB oatmeal, was no exception. It’s a simple recipe and something I will be making again!
- 1/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon splenda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon cocoa pepper
- Spoonful of peanut butter
- Extra chocolate chips for topping
1. Put oats in to bowl. Add water, salt, splenda (if you like your oatmeal on the sweeter side), and vanilla.
2. Cook your oats on either the stove top or in the microwave. (I was in a hurry so I put mine in the microwave for a bout 1 min, 10 seconds).
3. After they are done, separate evenly in to separate bowls. In one bowl add cinnamon and in other bowl add cocoa.
4. Now, in the bowl you will be eating out of, combine cinnamon and cocoa oatmeal. Keeping them on separate sides of the bowl. (On the original recipe, she made a pretty swirl with the two).
5. Melt a spoonful of peanut butter (about 20 seconds in microwave) and spread over the cinnamon side of the oatmeal.
7. Top with as many chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chunks) as you’d like and enjoy!!