I needed to bake and I wanted to make something simple. What’s more simple than chocolate chip cookies? This is a great recipe and the cookies turned out delicious 🙂
This recipe is from allrecipes.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light margarine, melted (original recipe called for unsalted butter)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. (or rubber spatula…)
- Drop tablespoon fulls of cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
One thought on “Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Look brilliant. I’ve seen quite a few people using this exact recipe – mine are slightly different – I shall have to see what all the hype is about 😛