Merry Christmas! Christmas this year was low key and quiet, but I loved every moment of it. We celebrated with my in-laws the weekend before Christmas. Christmas day was spent with Mom and Husband. We stayed in pjs, watched movies, and ate endless amounts of food all day long. Perfection!
For dinner on Christmas day mom made us her famous Christmas Rice, it was delicious! This is one of my favorite dishes, once you start eating it, you can’t stop… consider yourself warned.
- 1 Pound Lean ground beef
- 1.5 Cups rice
- 3 Cups water
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Package sliced almonds
1. Cook ground beef in skillet, drain excess fat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in pot and chopped onion. Saute onions until bright golden yellow color.
3. Add rice, water, cinnamon and salt. Bring to boil. Cover pot and simmer, until rice is cooked.
4. While rice is cooking add 2 tablespoons butter and almonds to skillet. Saute almonds until lightly browned.
5. In serving dish arrange cooked rice, ground beef, and almonds as desired.