My favorite muffin is a blueberry muffin, but adding cream cheese to the mix seems to have changed everything! These muffins turned out delic, so moist that they nearly melt in your mouth.
Hurry up and try this recipe before blueberries are taken over by all the boring winter fruit.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk ( I used skim)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Prepare muffin tins.
- Mix together cream cheese, 1/4 cup white sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, and 1 egg with an electric mixer. Set filling aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, 1/3 cup white sugar, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Beat remaining egg, and stir in milk and oil; pour into flour mixture, and stir until moistened. Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full. Spoon 1 teaspoon filling onto batter. Top with batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.