Ahhh, I’ve made so many delicious recipes lately and just haven’t had the opportunity to post them! I get really excited when I try a new recipe that I want to post… then I get really bummed out when I realize multiple weeks later that I still haven’t gotten around to posting the recipe. I’m a busy bee as usual. (Ps – less than a month until I take boards part one, YIKES!!! I’m trying to remain as calm as possible.)
I’m excited to post this recipe because it was a huge hit with Husband. After we finished dinner he asked me if I could “make it again tomorrow?” He thinks that I should make this 5 out of the 7 days of the week…. I don’t think so! But it always makes me extra happy whenever he likes a meal that much!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar jack cheese
- 6 small whole wheat flour tortillas, cut smaller if desired
- Spray oil
- Salt and fresh pepper
1. Form 4 flat patties, as thin as you can. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a grilling pan to medium-high heat; when hot, lightly spray the pan with oil and add the burgers. Cookburgers about 2 minutes on each side or to your liking. Set aside.
2. Heat pan on medium heat. Lightly spray with oil. Place tortilla on pan and add cheese and pico de gallo. Then top with burger, adding more cheese and pico on top the burger. Place second tortilla on top.
3. Continue for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and tortilla starts to get crispy. Then flip and cook until cheese melts on the other side.
Recipe modified from: Skinny Taste
One thought on “Quesadilla Burgers”
Interesting. Not my first choice – but I might give it a try. We did the chicken ceasar sandwiches this week. They were a hit!