Holy moly!! This quarter of classes is going to be rough one. It’ll pass and I know that we will all do great and get through it (let’s do it Wolfpack!!). We’re one step closer to entering the clinic and working on humans, rather than Henry. That being said, making delicious new dinners has not been happening. I’m on the hunt for quick new and delicious recipes. This was right up my alley! We definitely enjoyed this recipe and I think it would be extra good with some shredded chicken.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 pound orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, olives, tomatoes, oregano, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
2. On medium-high heat in pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, red pepper, red onion and garlic. Cook for 5-6 minutes until garlic is golden colored. Add to bowl from previous step.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and toss the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.