I’m sorry it’s been awhile since I last posted. Things have been a little hectic around here. We had a rough final exams week last week, thank God that’s over. I’m pretty sure I loose at least 5 years off my life during each finals week because of stress alone. This week I’ve been on spring break and it has been wonderful. I went to Chicago for a few day, I love Chicago. My mom had a work conference there so I met her there and snuck in some much needed quality mommy time. ❤
Now, on to more important things – like Eggplant Rolls. Yummy! I served these next to some pasta, green beans, and a salad and they turned out delicious.
- 2 Medium Eggplants
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups Skim ricotta cheese
- 1 whole Egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cups grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- ¼ cups Basil
- 2 cups Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups of your favorite Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut off stem of each eggplant and slice lengthwise into 6 slices. Put the slices on backing sheets, brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Roast eggplant for 8 – 10 minutes per side, remove from the oven, making sure they are tender. Cover with foil and allow to steam for another 10 minutes.
3. Combine ricotta, egg, 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, fresh basil, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread half of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Evenly divide the ricotta filling over the eggplant slices and spread to cover completely. Starting with the narrower end, roll up each eggplant slice tightly.
5. Place eggplant seam side down in dish and top with remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of Mozzarella and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.