After failing at trying to convince myself to go to the gym early last saturday morning, I ended up making these delicious apple cinnamon waffles for breakfast. They turned out extra tasty.
Just a heads up, the batter turned out extra thick but as long as you spread it out so that it covers the entire waffle griddle, they will turn out perfect.
This recipe was modified from one on illustrated recipes
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 2 large apples
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
1. Mix all ingredients using an electric mixer, except for the apples.
2. Add the grated (or chopped!) apples, along with the juice they leave.
3. Heat the waffle iron. (Medium heat if it has different heat levels). Spray with cooking spray. Cook your waffles!