This is a recipe that I came up with after looking at many other similar recipes. I thought it turned out delicious, but there’s one major change I would make. A lot of the recipes I found said to wrap one chicken breast in one sheet of puff pastry. So, I did. The puff pastry kind of took over the chicken. I guess I probably should’ve assumed that would happen…but next time I would recommend using 1/2 a sheet of puff pastry/chicken breast.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cups of sliced black olives (get creative & add other veggies! I was low on veggies & only had olives…dont judge 🙂 )
- 2 slices of sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces chicken breast seasoned with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning
- 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 400. Heat olive oil in pan and add garlic, parsley, oregano, and black olives.
2. Place 1 seasoned chicken breast in center of puff pastry sheet.
3. Top chicken with olive and garlic mix. Add one slice of cheese. Fold excess pastry over chicken. Do the same with the second piece of chicken.
4. Beat 1 egg. Brush egg over pastries. Place in oven for 35-40 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked.