Mina was invited over to a buddy’s house for a fantasy football draft party. This is a conversation we had several hours before the party:
Mina: They’re having wings tonight and they asked me to bring a side dish.
Me: Ok, what do you want to take?
Mina: I don’t know…what do you think about some ranch dressing?
Me: (dying laughing) Um. Well, I don’t think that constitutes as a side dish…
So, I took charge of the side dish situation and made a newer version of pigs in a blanket. They were a huge hit and now that football season is in full swing, I know that we’ll be having many football watching parties and these will definitely be made again!
- 1 package of reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1 package chicken italian sausage
- Slices of your favorite cheese, I used muenster cheese because that’s what I had
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic salt
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil sausage in water for 5 minutes. Slice sausages in four equal pieces (I cut them in half horizontally and then again in 1/2 vertically)
3. Unroll dough in to triangles. Place 1/2 a slice of cheese per triangle along with a slice of the sausage. Wrap triangular dough around dog and cheese. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Sprinkle each with a pinch of parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
5. Bake on 350 for about 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Dig in and enjoy!
One thought on ““Pigs in a Blanket””
Love your Mina..she is so cute with the ranch dressing…I love the fact that you used cresecent to wrap the sausage