I think breakfast might be my favorite meal of the day. But I typically don’t get the chance to really enjoy breakfast as classes start most mornings by 7:30. So, I try to make muffins or other quick, on the go breakfast type items at the beginning of the week. Today I made peach muffins since I had a couple of really ripe peaches. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com but I as usual I couldn’t help but tweak it a bit. Before peaches are completely out of season, I definitely think these are a must-try!
- 1/2 cup light margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I had peach greek yogurt, so I used that)*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda*
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh peaches (Be sure to remove peel from peaches)
*You can substitute the yogurt for sour cream, in which case you wouldn’t need to add the baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add egg, yogurt, vanilla, and honey, mix well.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
4. Fold in peaches. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack.
One thought on “Fresh Peach Muffins”
Great recipe! The batter itself looks delicious lol