Tonight was Mexican night in the Doss household! We had chicken enchiladas and beef nachos! Yum! I even made Mina wear a sombrero throughout all of dinner and only speak in Spanish…just kidding. Although that would’ve been pretty entertaining.
Tonights recipe isn’t all that healthy for you, but the enchiladas were full of flavor and everyone seemed to really enjoy them. Hope you enjoy them too!
- 1 pound chopped chicken
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat cream of chicken Soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1 tsp ground red pepper (*optional, add for spice)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp back pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup of refried beans (or black beans)
- 10 low carb tortillas
- Heat oil in pan. Brown onions and chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together cream of chicken, sour cream, corn, salsa, green onion, diced tomatoes, red pepper, pepper, salt, shredded cheeses, and cooked chicken.
- Warm up tortillas in microwave. If using black beans add to mixture in bowl. If using refried beans, line tortillas refried beans.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture from bowl. Place filled tortilla, seal down in a large baking dish. This recipe makes a lot! It made about 10 full sized tortillas.
- Top tortillas with extra filling and extra shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven on 350 for 40 minutes.
- Dig in and enjoy!