A few years ago I decided to start a blog, but then I lost touch with it and I wasn’t truly invested in it. This time, it’s different! Not only have I made a commitment to a friend, Sarahlicious (check out her blog!), but I also have a focus. What’s the focus, you ask? Duh, cavities and cravings.
I am currently a second year dental student. Dental school has pretty much taken over life. While I know I’m in the right place, doing the right thing, it’s definitely not easy. I am sure you’ll hear me whine a lot more about it. Just tell me to suck it up and get over it.
Aside from teeth, I love love love baking. It’s become a passion of mine over the years. I bake when I’m happy, sad, stressed, bored…. you get the point. More recently, however, I have decided to branch out and make it my mission to find yummy, healthy recipes (sometimes they’re not completely healthy …but they’re always yummy!) I hope that I can share my new cooking experiences and recipes with you. I also hope that my hubby (Mina, checkout his website, he’s a tv junkie!), will enjoy being the guinea pig for these new recipes 🙂
The recipe I want to share today is Baked Lemon Chicken and it was a huge hit! I got the recipe from allrecipes.com, but I tweaked it a bit. I hope it turns out as delicious for you as it did for me! Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- In a shallow dish, combine the butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another dish. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Put on broil for 5-8 minutes, just to let the top get a little brown and crunch