Any recipe that uses feta cheese in it, makes me a happy girl. It’s the middle eastern inside of me that is always craving a little feta. Growing up feta cheese was practically it’s own food group in our household. We always had a plastic container filled with it and somehow it seemed to work its way on to the table during every meal. A little strange, right? If you’ve never tried feta cheese before, it’s highly recommended! I even love sprinkling it on a fresh salad.
I am pretty excited about this dish because Husband used to be 100% anti seafood, until more recently. Now whenever I cook any type of seafood I hold my breathe hoping that we will like it. I’m happy to report that I got a two thumbs up on this dish! We both loved the flavors of the salmon and I especially loved how quick it was to put together and cook!
- 4 filets of salmon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 gloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Mix olive oil and vinegar in a bowl. Place salmon filets in shallow baking dish. Rub garlic in to filets and then pour oil-vinegar mixture over. Add basil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Top with feta cheese.
3. Place in oven uncovered, bake for 15 – 18 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with rice and salad. (I made brown rice, seasoned with 1 tablespoon of cumin for extra flavor!)