Yesterday Husband and I went to a food truck festival, SO MUCH FUN. Who would’ve thought such yummy food could come from a food truck? As expected, my favorite food truck was the cupcake truck, duh. I got a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting and it was heavenly. I will definitely be on the look out for future food truck festivals.
For dinner tonight I made this Crispy Ranch Chicken and it turned out delicious. I love this recipe because it had a fried chicken crunch, but it was baked and relatively healthy! I modified this recipe from LaLoosh.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4oz each)
- 1 cup cornflakes cereal
- 1 packet dry Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Oil spray (Like PAM)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In bowl mix together sour cream and dijon mustard. Coat each chicken breast with sour cream-mustard combination.
3. In a large Ziploc bag, add the cornflakes and Ranch Mix, and crush cornflakes well. Place mixture in bowl .
4. One by one, put each sour cream coated chicken in the seasoned cornflake crumbs and coat chicken breast well with cornflakes mixture.
5. Place coated chicken in a 9×13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-fat cooking spray. Mist chicken with non fat oil spray. Place in oven uncovered for 30-35 minutes until thoroughly cooked.