I love that we are officially in spring (I’m probably jinxing us). Sunshine and a bright blue sky just seems to make everything better, right?
One day I was lucky enough to make it home early and wanted something light and delicious for lunch. I remembered reading about a feta chickpea salad in an old Bon Appetit Magazine. So I used what I had in the pantry and fridge and came up with a light chickpea salad filled with flavor.
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz each), rinsed and well drained
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Herbs I chose: 1 tablespoon chopped mint , 1 tablespoon chopped basil, 1 tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon wedges