Tonight’s dinner was delicious! My friend Sarah made these and posted them on her blog a couple of months ago and they caught my eye immediately! Stuffing a meatball with mozzarella cheese is genius. They didn’t take much time at all to put together and they were full of great flavor! I definitely recommend these for all you meatball lovers out there. Also, using these in meatball subs would be superb!
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil (to grease the baking dish)
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablepsoon horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (like tTabasco or Siracha sauce)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 15 1-inch Mozzarella balls/cubes (or whatever cheese you wish)
- Preheat oven to 35o degrees F. and grease 9×13-inch baking dish with oil.
- Place beef, egg, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, milk, onion, garlic, horseradish, mustard, hot sauce, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic salt into a large mixing bowl, stirring until just combined. Take 1/4 cup beef mixture and press into center with your thumb to make room for cheese cube. Place cheese in middle then with hands enclose the cheese with the beef mixture, making sure the cheese is completely covered. Place meatballs into prepared baking dish
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve over top your favorite pasta or inside a warm roll for delicious meatball sandwich.