Congrats to all you Giants fans out there for your victory on Sunday evening! We had a small Super Bowl get together and it was great! Husband believes that Super Bowl Sunday is even better than Christmas Day…I happen to disagree (Christmas is the bestest!!). Every year he invites his buddies over and they buckle down with chili, beer, and lots of junk food! This year, was no different.
Those who know me, know that I love (understatement) baking. My friend Jess and I had so much fun making these and they turned out adorable!
These chocolate whoopie pies turned out so fluffy and were stuffed with the most amazing butter cream icing! It’s my go to icing recipe. I’ve even converted many non-icing lovers with this recipe 🙂
While I made these football shaped – they will be just as fantastic in any other shape!
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix (any kind you like)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
Buttercream Icing Ingredients:
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening*
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon clear butter flavoring
- 2 tablespoons water (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon merengue powder (optional)
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (approximately 1 lb.
- * Get white shortening, not yellow! So you the icing will be white, rather than a tint of yellow
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Start off by whisking together the eggs, vegetable oil, and water.
3. Then add the cake mix and stir well, until it is smooth and lump free.
4. Place spoonfuls of batter on baking sheet, be sure to keep each spoonful spaced apart as they will spread out. Use the back of a spoon or a butter knife to shape the batter in to a football shape.
5. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to cool completely.
6. While you are waiting you can start making the buttercream icing.
One thought on “Football Whoopie Pies”
So so cute!!! x