I love pasta recipes, especially ones that don’t turn out too heavy. Although this recipe has three different types of cheeses in it, it still turned out to be a light pasta dish! Also, I’d like it to be noted that Husband never liked stuffed shells…until this recipe! Bam, it’s like magic.
- 6 ounces large shell pasta
- 2 chicken breast half, cooked and diced
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook large pasta shells according to directions on passage. Drain and set aside.
3. In a l arge bowl, combine half cooked, diced chicken, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1 cup of monterey jack cheese, sour cream, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray and cover the bottom of the dish with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Fill each large shell with the chicken/cheese mixture and place in the dish. Cover with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Bake in the preheated oven uncovered for 40 minutes; serve warm.
Source: Taste and Tell
One thought on “Three Cheese and Chicken Stuffed Shells”
I need a lunch sample