Goodbye summer quarter, hello summer break! Today we finished taking our last final and boy did it feel good. We only get a few weeks off, but I’ll take what I can get!
I was feeling lazy and didn’t really feel like cooking anything special. So I made this easy creamy chicken risotto recipe that I have made in the past. It’s a pretty simple recipe! I like it because you can add different vegetables that you have available in your fridge. Today I added mushrooms and carrots, but I’ve also done broccoli and zucchini in it in the past. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 small chopped onion
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut up in cubes
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups of chicken broth (I used water + chicken boulion cubes)
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup uncooked rice*
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pan. Add garlic, onion, and chicken until browned.
- Add cream of mushroom, broth, carrots, mushrooms, and cheese. Heat to boil. Stir in rice. Add black pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Dig in and enjoy!