The time has come…. I’ve officially scheduled to take part one of boards. Now the pressure is on people! June 20th is the lucky day and as I enter boards hell I will be needing many many more meals like this one. Quick and easy (that’s what she said).
I love the way this recipe turned out. It was so simple to throw together in the crockpot and the flavors were delicious. Life has been so so busy (as usual) and I loved coming home to a meal that had cooked itself all day.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef round steak
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 14 ounces of vegetable, beef, or chicken broth
- 1 envelope italian dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Hoagie buns or a large loaf of french bread
1. Place beef in crockpot. Add green pepper, onions, italian dressing, and broth.
2 . Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
3. Remove beef from crockpot and shred. Add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and mix well.
4. Spoon meet mixture on to bread and top with a slice of provolone cheese. Place in oven on 375 for a few minutes until cheese is melted.
5. Top with any condiments you usually like on your philly cheesesteaks and enjoy!
Recipe modified from: Group Recipes
Yesterday as a side dish, I made these delicious stuffed tomatoes. They turned out so so good! Mina wasn’t a huge fan…he said there was too much cheese. All the more reason I loved it! I made them next to chicken breast stuffed with tomatoes, black olives, and feta cheese (I’ll have to post that recipe later!). It was scrumptious 🙂
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of fine breadcrumb (I used the Italian flavored breadcrumb that I already had)
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of pepper
- 1/8 tsp italian seasoning
- Cut large tomatoes in half and scoop out pulp so that all you’re left with is the shell. Save pulp in bowl and coarsely chop it.
- In a medium bowl, still together pulp, feta cheese, breadcrumb, parsley, olive oil, pepper, and italian seasoning.
- Spoon mixture into tomato shells and place in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Dig in and enjoy!
(sorry this picture turned out a little blurry!)
This is a quick and easy steak recipe that I love! I’m always so busy and don’t always have the time to make elaborate meals, but this dish never fails to turn out delicious and satisfying.
- Small steaks (a little larger than the size of a deck of cards)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- Steak seasoning of your choice (I used Montreal Steak seasoning)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Line glass baking dish with foil.
- Marinate steaks well with seasoning of your choice and place in baking dish.
- Chop onions and green peppers in to large chunks, toss in salt, pepper, and olive oil. Cover steaks with onion and green pepper mixture .
- Cover with foil and bake on 425 for 30 minutes, or until steaks are cooked to your liking.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!