Sometimes when I look back on these crazy weeks that we have I wonder how we really got through them. Last week over a three day span, I totaled 10 hours of sleep… that’s not healthy. But nonetheless, we manage to survive each and every time. (Stay strong Wolfpack!) I am thankful that this upcoming week isn’t looking too bad.
One night last week we had these delicious shredded chicken caeasar sandwiches for dinner. They turned out extra tasty and were so simple to make. It can’t get much easier than this.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cup chicken broth/stock
- 1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
1. Place chicken in a crockpot with 1.5-2 cups of chicken stock, cover and cook on low heat for ~6 hours.
2. Remove chicken from crockpot and place on cutting board. Pull chicken in to shreds.
3. Drain excess chicken stock from crockpot and place chicken back in the crockpot. Add dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir well. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
4. Spoon mixture in to each bun. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce, serve.
Here’s a quick and tasty baked chicken recipe I made one night this week. Turned out to be so easy and so full of flavor. We really enjoyed it with a side of roasted potatoes and vegetables.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, until garlic is a golden yellow color.
3. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon pepper, oregano, and thyme to the pan. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
4. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, freshly cracked pepper, and lemon pepper to taste. Place the chicken in the baking dish along with the lemon wedges.
5. Place into the oven and bake, basting occasionally with the garlic lemon sauce, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
5. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle the garlic lemon sauce on top of the slices of chicken and serve.
Modified from the blog For the Love of Cooking