Here’s a quick and tasty baked chicken recipe I made one night this week. Turned out to be so easy and so full of flavor. We really enjoyed it with a side of roasted potatoes and vegetables.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, until garlic is a golden yellow color.
3. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon pepper, oregano, and thyme to the pan. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
4. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, freshly cracked pepper, and lemon pepper to taste. Place the chicken in the baking dish along with the lemon wedges.
5. Place into the oven and bake, basting occasionally with the garlic lemon sauce, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
5. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle the garlic lemon sauce on top of the slices of chicken and serve.
Modified from the blog For the Love of Cooking